What should my ducks and chickens eat?

DuckelDude

Hatching
Nov 1, 2017
I have 5 khaki Campbell/Saxony crossed hens that are laying and one that's about to start, and a drake I'd the same breed, I also have 3 muscovy hens, 1 muscovy drake, 1 magpie hen, and one magpie drake, I also have chickens; 1 white tetra tint hen(about to start laying), 2 white tetra tint roosters, and 4 Easter egger chicks... I found someone selling grains locally around here, he has whole Barley, shelled corn, whole oats, game bird pellets(24%), roasted soybeans, black oil sunflower, whole wheat, barley; buckwheat; millet red or white; oats; Peas winter, field, maple; red milo sorghum; roasted soybeans; safflower; small yellow corn; sunflower small oil; thistle black niger seed vetch; wheat; white milo or keifer and red grit... What would be the best for my chickens, and what would be best for my ducks???

That mix sounds yummy. Because all of my birds free range together, I use Flock Raiser for my flock (chickens, ducks, turkeys, and geese) and throw in some scratch grains.

Yeah well, I found this guy locally and he sells all of that in 50 pounds bags, so i just wanted to buy what's best for the chickens and what's best for the ducks and feed them that, because it's organic as well, and he is giving me great prices as a friend

Yeah well, I found this guy locally and he sells all of that in 50 pounds bags, so i just wanted to buy what's best for the chickens and what's best for the ducks and feed them that, because it's organic as well, and he is giving me great prices as a friend
Chickens are a bit tricky...Ducks should do okay as long as greens and forage is provided. I always need to know exactly what my Birds are getting so manufactured feeds are what I buy.

You need to feed a constant diet.
For ducks, an 18 to 20% grower (duck or poultry. Chick must have added niacin) is suitable from 0-14 weeks. At 14 weeks, switch to an 18 or 20% maintenance or all flock feed. Both of the two I just said can be given to chickens once they reach 14 weeks as well. 18-20%. Any feeds over 22% can cause issues in having too much protein. For calcium, provide oyster shell free choice on the side for all.
You only want treats to make up 10% of the whole diet of poultry. Treats include table scraps, garden scraps,sunflower, corn, peas, yoghurt, oatmeal, etc.

Back
Top Bottom