What should we do...re: neighbors...

Dixygirl,

technically, the curb doesn't belong to you. The state owns, I believe, 6 ft on both sides of the street. Thank you eminement (sp?) domain. So, yes, once you place your trash on the curb anyone can go through it.

Quote:
Sorry it has turned into a debate. It happens a lot when people start criticizing other people's advice to you. It's why I usually try to reply only to the OP of a thread, and maybe to those other people seeking help in the same thread. I try not to criticize what other people have suggested.

I posted earlier getting ready to suggest starting another thread on the great cat vs. dog debate, you could still suggest it if you would rather not have the debate on your thread. Just let us know and I am sure those of us civil enough would be glad to jump out of your thread and into another.

Have you decided what you are going to do yet?

I think if you are going trash diving, you need to do it when the kids aren't home. They probably don't need to see the cat if it is in bad condition.

If you are going to talk to the neighbors, talk to the husband. Just let him know that you just want to bury the cat and that's all.

If you and the kids really need closure but cannot obtain the body, put some bricks in a cat-sized box and bury the box as though it contained the cat.

I guess I'm desensitized to the whole issue of cats being thrown out. I worked in a vet office for a year and we had a freezer in the back. When pets died or were euthanized, they were put into black trash bags and placed into the freezer. If the owners did not want the animal cremated or didn't want to bury the animals themselves, the animals would stay in the freezer. Once the freezer was full, a pickup truck would come by and we would load all the black trashbags into the pickup truck to be hauled off to the landfill(or wherever) to be buried anyway. So I guess over a year of this, would desensitize you to animal being "thrown away".

I remind myself that after an animal dies, it's body is just meat. That's all. Just a dead pile of meat. It is no longer that friend we enjoyed for years, that part has passed away.

I'm sorry the neighbor lady had to make this less than ideal. I'm really sorry that this turned into a cat vs dog debate, when you were only looking for advice.

-Kim

Sorry the post before last was so poorly written. I had a TON of assignments due before midnight tonight, but I just HAD to put a quick two cents in because I thought I would have been too tired to get back on.

-Kim

I'm sorry for your loss.
But you need to file a complaint against this dog. Not because it killed your cat, because its a dog and if not raised with cats it has no way of knowing it wasn't prey.But because it is a danger to everyone in the neighborhood
If this pit bull is chained and is vicious it needs to be reported. If the dog bites someone and it is not reported then that bite will be the first complaint and the dog is still a danger.
If you file a complaint and someone gets bit that's the second complaint and the dog probably gets put down, avoiding another tragedy.

Quote:
Which is 100% true and why everyone should own a shredder. My Brother usta laugh at my Mom because she would shred anything with her name and address and obviously anything remotely to do with money...UNTIL he had his identity stolen. Once he found out he RAN out to buy a shredder.

You're not paranoid...just careful.

**and as an after thought...you could use some of your shreddings as liter for the coop....in your composter...in with your worms to compost...as filler for moving or as filler in gift bags (if its colored paper)....
wink.png

Project human beliefs on a dog and you will find yourself in a whole world of trouble.

Projecting human traits on chickens gives the same result.​

Back
Top Bottom