What Special Treat or Yummy Did Your Flock Get Today?

I tried all kind of fruits and vegetables, but it seems that they go crazy for fresh grape leaves .
I don't know why, but it works for me, since I have grown grape vines in my back yard.
D.gif

I have a peach tree out front....about a million peaches on the ground under it and the branches are so heavy with them that they are drooping waaaaaaaay down. they are not quite right.......I definitely don't eat them.........but need to start throwing a bunch out back for the girls. They look way better this year than last so perhaps next year will be better.

My girls got a quarter of a cheesecake for breakfast. It was a little old for my liking.........the girls just demolished it.

Leftover boiled sweet potatoes, over-ripened sweet corn on the cob, a few cherry tomatoes and whatever grasshoppers I could catch in the garden or pull off the fruit trees. Some of them are so lazy they just follow me around instead of free-ranging with the rest of the flock :rolleyes:

My chickens seem to eat everything, except onions! I save all my vegetable scraps for the chickens...the really love the seeds from inside peppers.

Today they got something special: mealworm pie. It's wet chick crumble embedded with mealworms and a dollop of yogurt on top. Looks gross, but they love it!

Yes, I spoil them. :D

They get homemade scratch every morning - oats, flax seeds, dehydrated carrots, dehydrated apple, black oil sesame seeds, peanuts, raisins, chia seeds, millet and spelt (all organic). Earlier this afternoon, I tossed them a chunk of watermelon. They smell like a pack of Jolly Ranchers right now.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom