What spider is that?

Pics
I HATE TICKS! I HATE TICKS!! I HATE TICKS!!!
Before we had the ducks i was swarmed with ticks after mowing the meadows around the house, fortunately i never got bitten, always found them before they would bite me.
Since ducks they are all gone! Converted into yummy eggs!
Blech! Ticks!
I have a distinct memory of finding one behind my ear when I was about... seven, maybe? Went to push some hair behind my ear, and -- oh, what's that? A little lump? Uh... Mom? Mom, what's behind my ear?
*Sits on the bathroom counter for five minutes, waiting patiently for my mother to pick the little snot off and dig its head out of my skin with tweezers.*
Blech. Every time I see one inside the house or -- eek! -- on me, I have an extremely strong urge to run to the bathroom and take a long, hot shower.

OMG...Ticks are extremely creepy, I mean anything that burrows under your skin is just disgusting! :sick We used to live in South Dakota and the ticks were awful, drove us completely out of the state! They would get on everything, on hanging laundry especially, you had to shake everything out before bringing it inside. Of course the daily tick check. And when you found one half buried in your skin you didn't know which to do first, barf or dig it out of there! :barnie
Hornts are scary but what about killer bees !
We have killer bees here. One in one, they are quite aggressive. I always had 1 or 2 in the greenhouse, you can't swat at them or they chase you! :D But when you hear a swarm you'd better seek cover! They are attracted to the color red as it makes them aggravated, when the hive moves the Queen they fly in giant swirling swarms. You can hear them coming and have about 30 seconds to get out of the way. 🐝

We have killer bees here. One in one, they are quite aggressive. I always had 1 or 2 in the greenhouse, you can't swat at them or they chase you! :D But when you hear a swarm you'd better seek cover! They are attracted to the color red as it makes them aggravated, when the hive moves the Queen they fly in giant swirling swarms. You can hear them coming and have about 30 seconds to get out of the way. 🐝

😯😮😱

(Btw this is @TwoCrows post , mine is just the emojis . The quote thingy messed up a little )

Last edited:
Yikes! sounds awful !
Not only that they also carry nasty diseases, like tularemia. I've got bitten many, many times this year and have just been tested negative. (whew!) Those deer flies are not as loud as horseflies, so when you're busy you don't hear them coming.

OMG...Ticks are extremely creepy, I mean anything that burrows under your skin is just disgusting! :sick We used to live in South Dakota and the ticks were awful, drove us completely out of the state! They would get on everything, on hanging laundry especially, you had to shake everything out before bringing it inside. Of course the daily tick check. And when you found one half buried in your skin you didn't know which to do first, barf or dig it out of there! :barnie

I didn't know that there are so many ticks in SD!
I recently read that the killer bees are far less aggressive than they have been when they first invaded the US. Continuous hybridization with "ordinary" honey bees might have diluted the aggression genes to a point where they are less of a thread now. - But of course, a scientist can write a lot while sitting at a desk…

I didn't know that there are so many ticks in SD!
I recently read that the killer bees are far less aggressive than they have been when they first invaded the US. Continuous hybridization with "ordinary" honey bees might have diluted the aggression genes to a point where they are less of a thread now. - But of course, a scientist can write a lot while sitting at a desk…
I bet you are right about the dilution theory. I sure hope so because terror strikes me when I hear a swarm coming my way! :barnie

Back
Top Bottom