What spider is that?

Fair enough but I’d still prefer spiders and snakes.
Your may have all the spiders and snakes you wish, lol. When I first moved here to Missouri about 10 years ago (middle of the US, north of the Gulf of Mexico) from New Mexico (in the SW part of the country, dry, hot and desert-y), DH hollered for me to help him with some snakes out in the hen house. In NM we had rattlesnakes and bull snakes, which never got as big around as my wrist and maybe a little over 3' long. He said they were black rat snakes, not venomous, so I thought no problem. Till I saw them. I thought I was on the set of Star Trek or something! These monsters were six feet long and as big around as my leg! DH had hold of their tails. I had brought a shovel. I don't think my heart has ever pounded like that in my life! But we got them taken care of. I am not afraid of snakes. But those things were like some kind of alien life forms, and I was terrified! Yikes!

Your may have all the spiders and snakes you wish, lol. When I first moved here to Missouri about 10 years ago (middle of the US, north of the Gulf of Mexico) from New Mexico (in the SW part of the country, dry, hot and desert-y), DH hollered for me to help him with some snakes out in the hen house. In NM we had rattlesnakes and bull snakes, which never got as big around as my wrist and maybe a little over 3' long. He said they were black rat snakes, not venomous, so I thought no problem. Till I saw them. I thought I was on the set of Star Trek or something! These monsters were six feet long and as big around as my leg! DH had hold of their tails. I had brought a shovel. I don't think my heart has ever pounded like that in my life! But we got them taken care of. I am not afraid of snakes. But those things were like some kind of alien life forms, and I was terrified! Yikes!
Haha wait till you come to AU you’ll see some real frightening things

They do. My Aunty has one in her makeup bag and it chased her down the hallway. Bloody dangerous spiders, I have only seen one and my dog almost got bitten but my grandad had one attempt to attack him.
I read, that by a weird twist of nature the venom of the funnel web poses no danger for cats and dogs, it works only on primates and other arthropods.

Fun fact: did you know the females eat the males? Another fun fact, females are more aggressive than the male spiders.
It amuses me when I see people gasp at our wildlife when I would like die on the inside if I saw a Coyote/bear/wolf/anyotherusaanimal
Weeeeell - Careful what you wish for: Last year in fall my wife walked down the ½ mile to our mailbox, grabbed the mail and walked back up again when half way up she encountered two fully grown coyotes. Fortunately she froze in fear and didn't start to run towards the house, so the 'yotes thought bad@ss woman is standing her ground and retreated…

I had a run in with a brown snake outside the girls bathrooms at school last year. I almost tried on it, and a few weeks earlier I literally set my foot on a red belly black snake before I realised it was ther
Nothing can compete with Australia's nature! - Ever encountered a Taipan? Or being stung by a Platypus?

I saw a huge black rat snake when I was taking the compost out a couple of weeks ago. The thing must have been eighteen inches long, at least.
I tried to catch it, but it got away.

A few weeks before that, though, we found this cute little Checkered Adder in the dining room:
View attachment 2351279
Red meets yellow
you're dead fellow!

And btw., »Spidy« has moved out of her net:
full

And she is looking really skinny now, because she has created a huuuuge ball of eggs:
full

I'm afraid with that she has fulfilled her duty and will soon parish. :hit
Don't worry Spidy, i will keep an eye on that egg-sack, so that the next generation of spiders can fight all those pesky flies, mosquitos and stink-bugs! :fl

Back
Top Bottom