1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What temp for hatching?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lswatson111304, Nov 21, 2011.

1. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    I Have chicks pipping. Should my temp be different or the same as during incubation? Its at 99 right now in a still air incubator. My humidity is at about 74% is that alright? SO far I have 6 pips but nothing further.
    I'm anxious! [​IMG]:barnie Lets go babies!! [​IMG]:jumpy

If this posts twice I'm sorry, I tried the first time and it didn't go through!

2. Ukiah

Ukiah Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    AL
    Yes, the temperature during hatching time should be the same as during incubation [​IMG]

Humidity for lockdown should be anywhere from 60-70%
    Some people have better luck with lower humidity, some with higher. Some people can't
    hatch anything over 60%, some people can't hatch anything under 60 %. It depends
    on where you live, etc. Generally, 74% is ok.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:No need to change the temp and that is about where I keep my humidity at lockdown and if you have pips I say you are doing ok... Sometimes they take minutes from pip to hatch and sometimes they take hours. Just be patient.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by