1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What temp humidity for incubating duck eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tashtash, Jan 15, 2013.

1. tashtash

tashtash Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    Hi guys, I have some chicken eggs in my incubator. Now I'm wanting to incubate a couple of duck eggs. Is the temp for them and the humidity the same in the incubator as the chicken eggs. Any help is great.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Duck eggs and chicken eggs can be incubated at the same temperature and humidity, but remember duck eggs need a high humidity when they start hatching (80%). Are you timing it so they all hatch at the same time?

3. tashtash

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    Yes thanks I have some chicken eggs in the incubator now I'm on day 11 at the moment. When there done I'll put new chicken eggs and duck eggs in at the same time. Thanks for your help. Do you have ducks at your place. Do you know if it's ok to have ducks and chickens in the same pen and do the ducks eat the same as chickens scraps pellets ect.

4. tashtash

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    I like the big white ducks with the orange beak what's them ones called.

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I'm still learning about ducks myself. Don't have any, though I'm seriously thinking about it. Those things are adorable! If you look here at the Duck section you'll find great info and very nice people who can give you advice.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by