What the flock?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChickItOut863, Feb 7, 2017.

1. ChickItOut863

ChickItOut863 New Egg

Feb 7, 2017
    Florida
    Hey everyone, new member here. Came for advice and help starting up again. Had nearly 40 mixed breeds from age 13-17 my parents hated it. They couldn't understand why I didn't just want a dog or a cat. Now I am 27 and own a home and got a dozen. Lost a few to parasites until I could get the medicine. I've got 7 left and may get more. I am still figuring out how to deal with my hawk problem so as of this moment I'm attempting to build shelter while keeping them on my back porch.[​IMG]

2. silkieRaiser

silkieRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2016
    Seattle, Washington
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    This coop has worked out very well for me: http://www.thegardencoop.com/
    I have 6 chickens and they are very content in this coop but it is very customizable and I am sure you could make it much bigger to hold more chickens... Good Luck!!

3. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am quite glad you decided to join the flock, and please make yourself at home here! Enjoy BYC! :frow

~Cuz

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Best of luck with your re-entry into the wonderful world of chickens!

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under ChickItOut863 [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry to hear of your losses [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

8. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by