What the hatch is going on at the Purple's house??? UPDATE-100% HATCH

WOW!!! Congrats, that's wonderful (I think...they are silkies, after all, LOL)!!
yippiechickie.gif

I will be buying a bator as well and would like any and all info on the bator you used. Such as everything I need to order beside the bator and where you ordered it from thanks

Smitty's Farm :

Hey PC............. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for your new fancy bator? How many eggs will that model hold? I still can't decide what kind of Bator I'm going to get when I decide to buy one.
Thanks, Kim

The bator in the picture is a Brinsea Octagon 40. It holds 40 to 50 chicken eggs
although hatching more than 35 gets tight. It costs around $450 for that model.
The temp control is dead on. It pulses the heater rather than turning it on or
off. It reads celsius only but just set it to 38C and let her rip. Humidity is easy to
control through a vent. I do put in wet towels while hatching to help boost
humidity. It has a wet bulb type thermometer setup which reads temp and
humidity better than any crappy digital meter does. I love it. Trouble is I can't
stop using it and have too many chickens. I bought it used from a member who
listed it on BYC. I lucked out.

Brinsea has a new Octagon 20 that looks awesome. It's under $400.
The RCom 20 also gets good reviews.

I also have 3 Little Giants with fans and turners. They have done there job
well for what they cost. Thing is for what I paid for the three complete setups
and thermometers I could have bought a new Rcom or Octagon. Live and learn. :|

Don​

Quote:
Hey Don,
And that pic is from last spring! She's growing too fast. I can tell she's going to be just like me too. Sneaking in animals, wanting her "own" pets. I'm so in trouble. But she is a sweetheart.
smile.png

Terry

Too bad we didn't have any of our baby bunnies left or she would have pulled one
out of her pocket when you got home.
wink.png

Quote:
At this rate we will need a chicken truck for the CT chickenstock. I have 12 silkies in the
bator now and am planning a BIG silkie hatch prior to the chickenstock. I bet I can
squeeze at least 50 bantam eggs in that bator. Heck, I'll fire up a Little Giant too if
I need to. I'm an idiot.
roll.png

Quote:
At this rate we will need a chicken truck for the CT chickenstock. I have 12 silkies in the
bator now and am planning a BIG silkie hatch prior to the chickenstock. I bet I can
squeeze at least 50 bantam eggs in that bator. Heck, I'll fire up a Little Giant too if
I need to. I'm an idiot.
roll.png

LOL, because the world needs more silkies! At least CT does....
lol.png

Too bad we didn't have any of our baby bunnies left or she would have pulled one
out of her pocket when you got home.

Oh no! Totally allergic. My allergies are the one thing keeping me from living in a zoo! Blessing or curse - still not sure!
Terry​

Back
Top Bottom