What the heck is this?

agarnp

Songster
Jul 20, 2022
For the third day in a row one of my chickens (11 month old hens) or my 9 month old rooster - don’t know which one—has been pooping with this dark red colored thing with some blood. The last two times it seemed to be like cranberry sauce and I threw it out but today (I’ve been cleaning coop daily) I saw this!!--I have been trying to do everything to keep them healthy- they are all acting normal and I get nice looking eggs daily. I give them fresh fruit and veggies and have even upped their protein beside their pellet feed. Their vents don’t look discolored or nasty. I’ve had to deal with the rooster we got from someone this past summer with what we thought was a small skinny worm- treated with dewormer and never had problems w poop again (but he was separated at that time in another coop). We just integrated him in the same coop as the 7 other hens for the past week. I live in central Florida near woods and we let them forage for a few hours a day while we are home. They have enclosure around their secure coop. I don’t have any other animals. Help

Attachments

• 6CF44823-0809-43C5-812F-EDF91F5BA5E3.jpeg
    6CF44823-0809-43C5-812F-EDF91F5BA5E3.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 23
Thanks- it just looked like a fat worm and one of my chickens tried to eat it-disgusting— I am in disbelief that my healthy chickens got coccidiosis🙁as much as I work to keep all clean

Thanks- it just looked like a fat worm and one of my chickens tried to eat it-disgusting— I am in disbelief that my healthy chickens got coccidiosis🙁as much as I work to keep all clean
Don’t feel bad! It isn’t something you can really prevent. (Besides the help from a vaccine) If they eat a worm and that worm has it, then they could get it. My chickens have had it, its fairly common

Thank you so much everyone- is this what I can get? I realize it is diluted per instructions

Attachments

• 738664AE-C69B-43FB-AAD9-5F08636F9D36.png
    738664AE-C69B-43FB-AAD9-5F08636F9D36.png
    898.3 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom