What thread topic do you get tired of seeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really sorry that seeing a thread all the time is bothering some people. I have made alot of good friends here. I love being on BYC. I can't understand why anyone would have an issue with any thread that is as harmless as ours. Everyone is very welcome to join in with us. We are a fun-loving group and always welcome the fresh face. I don't see how the appearance of one thread is going to push any other thread away. Just click on page 2. How hard can that be? Aren't we all on here for friendship and advice? Can't we all be friends?
hugs.gif

Quote:
*snif snif* THAT was soooooooooooo SWEET! .......
hugs.gif

Quote:
x2

I think people get sick of seeing the threads that would be better as a chat session than a 700 page thread that keeps on bumping chicken/poultry posts down. It's also really frustrating and annoying when they over flow into other threads...I've read a couple that turned into "crazy pullets vs. cockerels"....why?? Is this high school?? Now apparently Lonely PMs flooded into here too (as in the middle 4 pages are pretty much dedicated to that thread). I don't think anyone is jealous, I know I'm not but can only really speak for myself.

I personally don't understand the point of the counting one at all. Doesn't the thread count the posts anyway???

I think the EE vs. Ameraucana "idea" is very confusing to some newbies...and while seeing the same question over and over can be annoying, I would rather be annoyed by a chicken question on a chicken forum than with foolishness.

Religion is another interesting topic because I was always taught not to discuss it with other people because it is rude, but apparently others were not taught the same thing. There are religious threads, religious posts, religious signatures.....then there are also the political posts and the political signatures. I don't really care what anyone else's beliefs are but sometimes I feel like I have to write that I'm a "____ pullet" or quote the Bible or complain/support some law or ammendment in order to have a signature that is "the norm" around here. Shame on me for having one related to my chickens.

Our Annoying thread has ALOT of useful items-recipes-ailment cures ( for all sorts of animals) photos of all sorts of animals and humans-others pipping in asking for advice and joining the fun-children advice-cancer adivice-financial advice-you name it we've discussed it-and many more topics that we keep going so that when the time comes for us to face certain situations we are prepared -since at least one of use has gone through it...So I understand where you are coming from -sorta-but the thread holds alot of info that a chat session cannot. The spilling over into this thread was defending our thread in a very fun loving crazy way and to invite others to join us with advice and stories.

Very well said NY. Just peeking in from time to time may give you the impression that "our" thread is just mindless chatting, take a closer look and you will see the things NY is talking about. We have become good friends and lean on each other in times of need and cheer each other on when we need it. Also these friends are the ones I share all of my good news with as well. We notice when one of us is missing and care when something good or bad happens to each other. We all have a variety of animals so there is "someone" who knows something about just about every animal we could ask about. We even have a "dog whisperer" on our thread that graciously answers my questions about keeping my beloved dog from having my Guineas for dinner.

We did not mean to hijack this thread or offend anyone. We just want everyone that has a problem with our thread to come on over and say hi! You might just like it there. The thread had been going on a while when I stumbled on to it about a year ago. They took me right in and my day is much better when I start it out by saying hi to my friends.

OOh please, Who cares? If this is all some people have to worry about, ...
roll.png

Nope, if I'm tired of the thread, I don't read it. On the other hand, maybe it's a newbie that needs my unwanted sage advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom