What thread topic do you get tired of seeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
x2

I think people get sick of seeing the threads that would be better as a chat session than a 700 page thread that keeps on bumping chicken/poultry posts down. It's also really frustrating and annoying when they over flow into other threads...I've read a couple that turned into "crazy pullets vs. cockerels"....why?? Is this high school?? Now apparently Lonely PMs flooded into here too (as in the middle 4 pages are pretty much dedicated to that thread). I don't think anyone is jealous, I know I'm not but can only really speak for myself.

The crazy whatever, the counting, and the rate (whatever) threads are located in the Games Section, so I'm not sure how we could be bumping down important chicken threads.

I personally don't understand the point of the counting one at all. Doesn't the thread count the posts anyway???

It's one of those silly mindless games someone wanted to make and it got popular.

I think the EE vs. Ameraucana "idea" is very confusing to some newbies...and while seeing the same question over and over can be annoying, I would rather be annoyed by a chicken question on a chicken forum than with foolishness.

Religion is another interesting topic because I was always taught not to discuss it with other people because it is rude, but apparently others were not taught the same thing. There are religious threads, religious posts, religious signatures.....then there are also the political posts and the political signatures. I don't really care what anyone else's beliefs are but sometimes I feel like I have to write that I'm a "____ pullet" or quote the Bible or complain/support some law or ammendment in order to have a signature that is "the norm" around here. Shame on me for having one related to my chickens.
Many members have signature lines that have chickens in them. You just may not see them a lot.

I never really tire of the same topics as new people on the forum have concerns that apparently every chicken owner has.

They simply do not realize the topic has been discussed a thousand times. I just try to answer the best i can and go on.

NOW. there are threads that have taken on a life of thier own and YES they get rather annoying.

The stolen horse one, come on guys start a new thread, this one has been beat to death and they are STILL beating on it.

This is just an example. The avatar one, the signature one, Oh i could go on and on. HEY, not that I do not think these posts have their purpose and I DO NOT have any thing against the OP, but please ......

FORTUNE has it though, that being a PLATINUM POULTRY member I can DELETE the posts I have in these "books" and never see them in my "your posts" thingy again. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

It requires a bit of effort in searches and such, but DANG it is worth it !!!

Quote:
Oh, boy ... now you done it ...
hide.gif

gig.gif

MomtoSyd&Emma :

My theory on ANY thread is you dont want to read it, dont click on it!

Right???
cool.png

Quote:
+1 million.

As for the ones in games, they have their own section and honestly...would you want them all anywhere else?

Besides outside playing of course.
wink.png

Quote:
+1 million.

As for the ones in games, they have their own section and honestly...would you want them all anywhere else?

Besides outside playing of course.
wink.png

*snicker..snicker*
lol.png

As one of the newbies on the board. I have to say that even though there are a lot of the same types of posts asking the same types of questions. There seems to be many different answers and when someone posts a new post on the same topic, they are very likley to get answers that differ from the one that was already posted. Some may not have seen the original post and were unable to contribute at the time. I love this forum and spend a lot of my time here and I am learning a ton.. My hubby now calls me the chicken encyclopedia. lol.... I learned all that stuff, even from repeat posts.. The educational value is priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom