What time do your hen's lay?

I have some girls that lay early in the morning, some that lay in the middle of the day and some that lay late afternoon... I have seen my RIR girls in the nest boxes before 9 and another day it might be just before dark! I have a Barred Rock who is always in the nest box around 9...she is the only one that seems to have set schedule.. All the others lay at different times..

Mine lay in the mornings, afternoons, and they even lay at night. lol
lol.png

They're always some eggs waiting on me, when I go to feed in the mornings.
smile.png

Mine are around every 26 hours - so they get later and later each day until they get into late afternoon when they skip a day, and then start the cycle all over again early the next morning!

I get a bantam egg first thing in the morning along with my old lady chickens egg, both are laid in the coop before 9am. Then I get my columbian rock cross egg beside our porch in mid afternoon, between 1and 3pm and around the same time one of my jersey giants lays one on the front porch. Then sometime between 4and 5pm my other bantam lays in the coop and my other jersey lays in the coop
smile.png

usualy all around the same times every day... unless they skip a day then it all differs, but has been the same since the nice weather hit

Mine lay all different times of the day. Most of them before noon but I always get some later on in the afternoon also. Just when I think I have their schedule figured out something changes & I'll go out to empty nests in the morning & full ones in the evening??
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom