What Time Do Your Roosters Start Crowing In The Morning?

Hollywood movie roosters are the only roosters who crow just in the morning. Mine crow at 11 p.m. or midnight if something disturbs them, 1 a.m., 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 4 a.m., etc, etc. I even have one hen who gets to cackling when her rooster starts crowing, no matter what time it is or how dark.

Quote:
I guess mine are Hollywood roosters than
lau.gif

Only when their lights go on do they start crowing. Mine sleep pretty soundly. My fiance is a light sleeper, and they HAVE crowed at 3am, but that was because our timer malfunctioned.

Quote:
Exactly.
Living in Costa Rica (roosters are everywhere), no one needed an alarm clock, which was wonderful. But the middle of the night thunderstorm would start them all up.
Mine almost never crow in late afternoon or evening but I'm careful of middle of the night disturbances which starts the chorous.
A neighbor's Malamutes begin to howl when they hear the coyotes and that starts the roosters.

Last edited:
I woke at 4:30 this morning and one was crowing then. Still completely black outside. They crow all day. But when I close them up at night, they seem to be pretty quiet 'til at least the very early hours...at least I don't hear them before that.

Back
Top Bottom