What time does your rooster crow?

LakeMurrySC

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 13, 2011
Chapin, SC
I have 2 roos and they are about 5 months old and both are crowing good. Lately they have started to crow earlier and earlier as summer progresses. This morning at 4:30 they started. My neighbors are okay with the roos but even at 4:30, that is starting to become a little much. I know it all depends on what time the sun comes up and such but does anyone elses roosters crow this early?

Mine crow whenever they feel like it. Midnight, noon, whenever. There's not a whole lot you can do about it. Are they in a coop when they crow that early? If not, that may help a bit. Anything can trigger early crowing- lights from a nearby house or car, a noise (it doesn't have to be a strange noise, either), whatever. Mine are locked in their coop at night, and I can hear them crow in the early mornings, but the coop does help to muffle it.

I hear my rooster crow in the morning when I wake up, which is around 6am, and then he crows during the day quite often...He will crow when I come outside, or when we get visitors, or when he's looking for the hens.......

If he crows earlier than 6am, I guess I don't hear it.......

Mine start between 6 & 630. Some start earlier than others, but still in that time frame for the first crow of the day. Of course, they crow periodically throughout the day...especially when I get home, its like they know when I get home from work, church, anywhere. It's kinda funny. No neighbors within 1,000 feet in all directions so no problem there.

cool.png

Mine have been known to crow all night if there's a light on- anywhere on the Eastern seaboard.
roll.png
I have 7 roosters right now, apologize to the neighbors and tell them to be glad I don't live there!

Welcome to BYC from Hollywood, SC! I used to sail on Lake Murray sometimes.

Both are in a coop but the coop is an open coop or for at least the time being. I guess with boats coming and going, dogs next door, deer etc, that it wakes them up. I just was thinking that at 4:30 it was really early. I know crow all day up until about 8pm right now but, guess I was hoping for some heavy sleepers or something, at least throughout the night/early morning.
smile.png
I just wanted to make sure I just wasn' t the only one that got roosters that thought they were song birds 24/7
Ranchhand - we've been having A LOT of fishing tournaments lately and those guys are out there day and night. I think that could be my problem.
Thanks for eveyones repsonses!

Back
Top Bottom