What time in the morning do you let your chickens out of the coop?

We haven't set it up yet, but I think it will work well. We're re-designing the coop in general, so that will be one of the new features.

I would love to have an automatic door to our coop. The girls are good about getting in on their own every night, but I still have to go out and close it before I go to bed and open it first thing in the morning.
We are going to look into this autodoor as our neighbors wife is Preggers and really doesn't like the ladies waking her up so early. I figure they are training her for when their baby arrives.
lau.gif

I like to get the birds in and the coop closed around dusk. This time of night is called "The Killing Hour" when all the predators of the night are starting to wake up and go prowling. So I do not advise to wait until dark to shut the door on your coop. Get them in at dusk, do a head count and lock the door behind you.

I like to get the birds in and the coop closed around dusk. This time of night is called "The Killing Hour" when all the predators of the night are starting to wake up and go prowling. So I do not advise to wait until dark to shut the door on your coop. Get them in at dusk, do a head count and lock the door behind you.

Thank You, that was my guess but wanted to hear from experienced folks.

Back
Top Bottom