What time of day are your chickens done laying?

justincasei812

Chirping
Mar 22, 2016
Mid Michigan
When my chickens were younger (around a year or so) they would finish laying by 10a and noon being the latest. Now that a year + has past they will lay as late as 4p and once in a great while later. It was nice when they were done early and I was home I would let them free range the rest of the day but now I try to wait until later in the day before I let them roam. Is it normal for their schedule on laying to get later as they get older?

Daylight savings time they usually don't lay past 5:00 or 6:00 P.M and what Daylight savings time is over They usually don't lay past 3:30

:idunno I just get the eggs when they give them.

Heard it takes 26 hrs for a egg to fully form so theoretically they should lay later and later until night time?
But they skip a egg once in awhile so puts them back on track?
I have a bunch so don't know who or when, some eggs might be laid after I gather them, doesn't hurt them to set overnight.

My chickens began almost a whole year ago at around lunchtime, and they have been laying around that time ever since. Usually they start pretty early in the morning, sometimes I’ll get an egg when I let them out, and they’re usually finished around two.

Back
Top Bottom