What time of day are your chickens done laying?

justincasei812

Chirping
Mar 22, 2016
Mid Michigan
When my chickens were younger (around a year or so) they would finish laying by 10a and noon being the latest. Now that a year + has past they will lay as late as 4p and once in a great while later. It was nice when they were done early and I was home I would let them free range the rest of the day but now I try to wait until later in the day before I let them roam. Is it normal for their schedule on laying to get later as they get older?

alexa009

Crossing the Road
Apr 6, 2017
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Daylight savings time they usually don't lay past 5:00 or 6:00 P.M and what Daylight savings time is over They usually don't lay past 3:30

Beer can

Crossing the Road
6 Years
Aug 12, 2014
Upstate NY
:idunno I just get the eggs when they give them.

Heard it takes 26 hrs for a egg to fully form so theoretically they should lay later and later until night time?
But they skip a egg once in awhile so puts them back on track?
I have a bunch so don't know who or when, some eggs might be laid after I gather them, doesn't hurt them to set overnight.

Abriana

Spicy Sugar Cookie
Apr 26, 2017
Midgard
My chickens began almost a whole year ago at around lunchtime, and they have been laying around that time ever since. Usually they start pretty early in the morning, sometimes I’ll get an egg when I let them out, and they’re usually finished around two.

Top Bottom