What to do after you clean your coop.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by RHewitt, Mar 17, 2009.

1. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

My son who is less than two years old is already learning how to recycle chicken manure and wood savings into fertilizer. We spread it on our food plots at our hunting club and use it in the garden. I could not resist sharing his shovel skills with you guys. He is a future chicken man for sure.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Wow a kid that shovels poop-do you want to sell him? How about renting him out?

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:I have two grandson that are 4 and 5, man I told DH the other day after cleaning the henhouse I must get them involved!! I'll probably have to pay 25.00 an hour for their work!!! lo

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    That's a SWEET picture, and I love seeing parents involve their kids in the not-so-fun parts of life as well as the good stuff! [​IMG]

5. Country Guy John

Country Guy John Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Hi Neighbor, I live in Summerville SC which is right outside of Charleston. Nice pic. [​IMG]

6. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

The cool part is he thinks it fun...probably not for long so I will enjoy it while I can. He mostly likes riding the 4 wheeler on the way to dump the manure.

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    That is a lifetime pic there! [​IMG]

8. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

$3 above minimum wage, that's as high as I'll go before he turns six, goes to school, and someone explains "exploitation".

9. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

While the page was loading (I have slow speed internet) I was thinking it was a serious question. I was going to suggest a cold one but now that I saw the picture all I can say is enjoy the help while you can. They turn into teens and then it's all over!

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:I have two grandson that are 4 and 5, man I told DH the other day after cleaning the henhouse I must get them involved!! I'll probably have to pay 25.00 an hour for their work!!! lo

LOL probably they learn about the green stuff early!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by