What to do if power goes out while incubator is full of eggs?

floridachickhatcher

Songster
8 Years
May 22, 2011
Hollister,FL
I live in florida and finally the weather was right in saying it was going to rain! But its really bad i can hear thunder but no lightening just yet and i have 35 eggs that look good to hatch and i have to stop turning half of them tomorrow and temp is at 99.5 and humidity is 53% and bator 2 has about 20 some-odd eggs 99.5 with 60% humidity if the power goes out how long do i have until i lose the eggs?

If the power goes out- Put a blanket over the whole thing. Tuck them in nicely and what ever you do- DO NOT OPEN THE LID. If you can see the thermometer, if it wille ase yoru worrying. With a blanket it will take quite a bit of time to lose enough heat to harm the eggs. Think days, not mere hours.

I live in a rural area in Florida and we do have power outages once in awhile. This is what I do when our power goes out. Last winter on our coldest night we lost power. I was around 2 weeks into incubation. The power had been off for a couple of hours when I discovered the power off, my incubator temp was 78 degrees. Luckily I had a battery pack and an inverter. I plugged the incubator into it and got the temp back up. After a couple of more hrs the power came back on. I candled the eggs and saw movement. I still had a good hatch. I purchased the battery pack and inverter at Walmart in the auto dept.

I have one of those things that plugs into the car cigarette lighter. Then you plug in an orange lead cord that can go a long ways.
Then I plug in the incubator. THis happened to me when I was hatching a large group of button quail. It saved it all.

Back
Top Bottom