What to do if you have two Cockerels

Pics

VioletsMom73

Songster
May 9, 2020
Sherrills Ford, NC
So I have a sinking suspicion that instead of the one male I ordered, I think I have two. They are 7 1/2 weeks, but they both have similar tails which seem longer than the girls and less broad. Both have what seem to
Be bigger combs starting too. My question is, is the only answer to rehome one? Or is there anyway they can coexist? I’m quite fond of both, but want to do the right thing here. I have never had to rehome an animal, but these are also my first chickens lol

Attachments

• 698A6F89-12EE-46DF-BB3E-3A72C7233450.jpeg
    698A6F89-12EE-46DF-BB3E-3A72C7233450.jpeg
    609.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 551B8825-20F1-4B9A-9C27-07FAC46FACA2.jpeg
    551B8825-20F1-4B9A-9C27-07FAC46FACA2.jpeg
    644 KB · Views: 77
So I have a sinking suspicion that instead of the one male I ordered, I think I have two. They are 7 1/2 weeks, but they both have similar tails which seem longer than the girls and less broad. Both have what seem to
Be bigger combs starting too. My question is, is the only answer to rehome one? Or is there anyway they can coexist? I’m quite fond of both, but want to do the right thing here. I have never had to rehome an animal, but these are also my first chickens lol
I heard that some people have a group of only roosters called Bachelor Flocks. They sometimes even have 4 roosters and no hens. It is because there is no hen to fight over. They will most likely be fine

If they aren’t having problems now I doubt they will have issues in the future. I’ve had two roosters raised together live with hens. One was clearly the dominant male and crowed and mounted all the girls and the other wasn’t even aloud to look at the girls wrong or he’d get pecked. But once they got separated and each got a pack of their own girls they couldn’t be put back together.

Back
Top Bottom