1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what to do? need some advice.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by arabookworm, Oct 23, 2009.

1. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    So my parents are going out of town this weekend and leaving us with my grandma and my older brother is also here. they leave tomorrow morning. but all of a sudden this evening, my lil brother (5 yrs) got sick, he is throwing up, has a fever of about 103, etc. and my grandma is also feeling sick.

the problem is that if they are still sick on monday, someone will have to stay home to take care of them. and both me and my older brother have exams on monday, so neither of us can stay home. my little sister is too young to stay. and my parents have to go on this trip. what should I do if they are still sick come monday?

2. schoebel_taylor

schoebel_taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Central Wisconsin
    Is there someone else that could come over for a day or 2? like a grandpa or something?

3. PlymouthRocker

PlymouthRocker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Plymouth County MA
    This is a decision for your parents to make: To go on the trip or not. How far away will they be? Can they come home early if things take a turn for the worse?

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    What about a neighbor who might be willing to stay over during the day or even just check in throughout the day? Even another relative would work.

5. nancysmith2

nancysmith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    How sick are we talking? Adults can generally take care of themselves and sick children with no help. Keep yourselves well. Wash hands don't come within 6' of them while bringing them food etc. You go ahead and go to school. Is there a church family you can call on?

6. rowan1

rowan1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2008
    kingwood nj
    i agree w/ plymouth rocker. your parents need to solve the dilemma. good luck and don't forget to wash, wash wash your hands!

7. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    the problem is that they are going to be on the other side of the country. all of my other relatives live overseas or in canada. but the neighbors might help. hopefully they'll both just get better by monday. or at least better enough that they'll be okay alone for part of the day.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You could go for you exams and then go back to the house. They should all be ok for a couple of hours.

9. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Your parents need to stay home....... there is obviously a virus going round your family.... by Monday you could all be ill............. [​IMG] and hope all goes well....

10. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    These GI things usually run their course in 24-48 hours. So just hope for the best. Good luck on your exams and I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by