what to do? need some advice.

arabookworm

Songster
11 Years
Oct 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
So my parents are going out of town this weekend and leaving us with my grandma and my older brother is also here. they leave tomorrow morning. but all of a sudden this evening, my lil brother (5 yrs) got sick, he is throwing up, has a fever of about 103, etc. and my grandma is also feeling sick.

the problem is that if they are still sick on monday, someone will have to stay home to take care of them. and both me and my older brother have exams on monday, so neither of us can stay home. my little sister is too young to stay. and my parents have to go on this trip. what should I do if they are still sick come monday?

What about a neighbor who might be willing to stay over during the day or even just check in throughout the day? Even another relative would work.

How sick are we talking? Adults can generally take care of themselves and sick children with no help. Keep yourselves well. Wash hands don't come within 6' of them while bringing them food etc. You go ahead and go to school. Is there a church family you can call on?

i agree w/ plymouth rocker. your parents need to solve the dilemma. good luck and don't forget to wash, wash wash your hands!

the problem is that they are going to be on the other side of the country. all of my other relatives live overseas or in canada. but the neighbors might help. hopefully they'll both just get better by monday. or at least better enough that they'll be okay alone for part of the day.

Quote:
Your parents need to stay home....... there is obviously a virus going round your family.... by Monday you could all be ill.............
hugs.gif
and hope all goes well....

These GI things usually run their course in 24-48 hours. So just hope for the best. Good luck on your exams and I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Back
Top Bottom