what to do now?

CedarRidgeChicks

Songster
10 Years
May 5, 2009
Adair Co.Ky
I have eggs that are due to hatch This Thursday/Friday.They are pipping now and peeping..the humidity was only50% until last night and they were still in the turner yesterday..I brought the humidity up to 72% this morning and heard the peeping a few minutes ago while turning egss in another bator..what are the chances? Should I be watching for anything?

Not sure what you are asking here, the chicks will be fine in the bator for 2 days. If you open the bator, anything that hasnt hatched will probably not, unless you have a very good bator.

Sounds like they are right on time. Sometimes they peep in the shells 2 or 3 days early and rock around.

As for opening the bator and they not hatching, I open my bator a lot during hatches and have excellent hatch rates using an LG forced air. You just have to learn what works for you and go with that.

I think your humidity level is real good right now. When they start hatching the humidity will probably jump up some too. Just make sure you have plenty of ventilation.

I guess what I am asking is since I did open the bator today to add water and to take the eggs out of the turner..this being day 18..and 3 hrs later there are 3 pipping should everything be o.k...or are the other eggs probably lost..can it take 1-2 days for these three to finish hatching.Also I am wondering about the humidity being so low up until this morning??

Well..while typing this I heard some really loud..went to check one is out and 4 others are pipped..so at this point I guess all is well!!
wee.gif

Thanks!!

Sorry I should have been more specific, after day 18 you should not open the bator. Now some people might, and still have great hatched, but I wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom