1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What to do? What to do?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Sherry, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Back when the weather started getting nice, I wanted...no I NEEDED chickens. I wanted RIR's. Think there were any to be found, of course not. I ended up with BR's. Then I found an ameraucauna, SLW, red star and one other I have no idea. THEEEEN, I got 2 more red star and a buff one.
    Finally I see an ad in a local paper for RIR's 3 weeks old.
    So, like there's any chance any of you are going to say no [​IMG] ....
    Should I do it?

The 9 "big" ones will go out in the main run this weekend. The three 6 weekers will go in the medium coop/run. I have one empty cage already and soon to have 2.

Sounds like I just talked myself into it. [​IMG]

Hi. My name is Sherry and I'm a chicken addict.

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Welcome to the place that harbors chicken addicted people! If you got the room, go for it. I only wish I could have many more, but I'm happy for my two.

3. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    I know what you mean! No sooner do I get some new babies at the feedstore....I want more! I mean.....they didn't have everything I was looking for and I didn't do enough research when I placed my McMurray order. So now...oh my, I sure would like a few Welsummers. Maybe THEN I'll have a complete flock...but oh.....there are also those adorable EE chickies. My goodness.

4. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I think chickens must be like potato chips...you can't have just one. I have a list of next chickens, but the dh would stroke out. But just a little silver laced sebright wouldn't hurt, or a nice dark bramha or a cuckoo maran. Welcome! we're all addicted here.

5. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    I don't know why I even bothered to ask. I went to buy 3 cottontail rabbits for my dad and this guy had RIR's. So, I bought two of them. [​IMG]

DH works out of state, he'll be home tomorrow. Wonder if he'll notice? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by