What to do with all my eggs??

bce181

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 24, 2010
I have 5 hens, and get about 6 eggs a day. Me nor my family eat eggs, we usually end up throwing all of the eggs a week in the trash
sad.png
. So my question is what can i do woth them, how do i sell them? etc... Any help will be appreciated.

You can scramble the eggs and shells together and feed them right back to your hens!

If you want to sell eggs, how about telling people at work you have eggs for sale? I sell mine at work for 3 bucks a dozen.

You could contact a member of the clergy, offering eggs to give to needy families, and see if that would be something the church would support.

And, as has already been suggested, you can hatch 'em and get more chickens!!! Then decide what to do with the eggs you get LATER. (See above.)

I either sell mine or trade them for other things. I have a lady that I trade weekly with for beef. She usually trades me organic ground beef or roast for 2 dozen eggs at a time. I figure it would be more expensive for me to buy it in the store so it works out well for both of us (she has a surplus of beef). I also like to trade locally for homemade jams, honey and stuff like that. To find people it really depends on what media outlets you have. We have a local newspaper and also a free circular that goes out weekly. I have posted in the circular and usually get more responses than I can handle. Craigslist and other online forums are also a good source. Or if your town has local markets you can try those too.

wish I had your problem.....no eggs yet
hit.gif

see if you can donate them. try to find a shelter that serves food. someone i work with makes one (HUGE) meal a month to help feed the people at the shelter (400+ people). i'm sure the shelter would have resources for you.

Gee, I use mine in cakes ect, i love using them and i give away. i'm sure lots of needy people would love access to them. Make great deviled eggs too,

Sell them! I sell my eggs at work for $2 a dozen. A local feed store buys them for $1.50 a dozen and lets me build up credit. I turn and use the credit for feed. In August I sold 6 dozen and paid about $4 for a 50 lb bag of feed. The girls earned their keep that month!

Check with your church or other organizations around town, I bet they could use them.

I read on here someplace that the eggs will last up to three months in the fridge.

And they are right....food banks, churches....and close to my heart a place for people with developemental delays. My daughter lives in independent living and she cooks in her apartment on a regular basis. They are on a really, really tight budget and eggs would help them.

Thanks for the advice! I know my friend that lives in the middle west has to pay 7.00 dollars a dozen
sickbyc.gif
she was wondering if you can ship eggs? is it possible? Also they are all usually fertile, can i ship them to people that want to hatch them? P.S. I have enough hens so far
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom