what to do with frozen water

I was joking, when we were out late at night, we were not drinking water, but rather an alcoholic beverage.

Mine does not have water in the coop, I have at times tried it, and wound up with a mess. I do have a shelter in the run, and during inclement weather, I will put it there.

If you can provide open water everyday, it is probably an advantage. I cannot, and really see no loss. They do get liquid water each morning, and many will be taking a pretty good drink at that time. However, in really cold weather, that freezes up quick. Lucky for me, while we will get a could of very cold weather, it generally only last a few days and then gets nicer.
Breathing heavy does not fit the tread.....:lau....Lol...I'm kidding sort of....:th.....:wee

:confused:

Use a discarded water closet from an old toilet. Remove the big round flush flap then Jerry rig a 3/4 inch pipe in its place. The water closet needs to be higher than the chickens' water nipples. Keep the automatic water refill apparatus in place. A tank heater for horses or cows inside the water closet reservoir will keep the water inside the water closet at +40 degrees fahrenheit. You can even hook the toilet tank back up to your water system and do away with hauling water ever again.

Back
Top Bottom