What To Do With Menacing Rooster?

Yep, Blonde look like a lady.
wink.png
Regardless of how many roosters you have, barebacked hens are a bad sign in a flock.... you don't have enough hens who are actually laying to provide enough mating opportunities for the roosters, it would seem...they usually won't breed nonlayers at all, so taking out nonlayers and extra roosters will help. Not fun for the hens, bare skin left exposed to the weather and bugs is just not healthy and sharp claws digging around on her back several times a day is an injury risk, as you've found out.

Pen up your roosters or kill down to one is my suggestion. I'd go ahead and kill that blokey lookin' Blonde hen too...in the absence of the roosters she could very well start mock mating the hens, creating the problem all over again.

Old roosters are rendered as tender as lamb in a pressure canner...you may want to keep one handy for canning up old roosters and hens.

If the chicken is indeed a cockerel or rooster, you should probably change the spelling of the name from "Blonde" to "Blond." "Blonde" is the female spelling of the word. Blond/blonde is one of the few words in the English language where gender dictates spelling. Then again, I heard a song sung by Johnny Cash about a boy named Sue.
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom