What to do with packing peanuts?

susanah

Songster
11 Years
Mar 23, 2009
I want to order a few bantams and know I will get a bunch of extra chicks that I don't
have the space to care for. What's the best way to get rid of these? I could probably only keep
them a day or so. I'd like to find a place for them BEFORE they arrive. Is there a place on here
to post? I don't want money for them...just a home. I live in the Pensacola, FL area. Thanks

Last edited:
Where are you planning on ordering from?

This time of year you may be able to order without packing peanuts and still expect your pullets to arrive safe and sound.

Last edited:
Quote:
Some hatcheries do not ship packing peanuts and some (like Ideal, I believe) let you pay a fee to not get any packing peanuts. I find packing peanuts irresponsible if the company doesn't inform the buyer in advance about them.

I want to order from Ideal and they will ship without extras if I pay insurance, but I only want
about 7 or 8 bantams and they said that they wouldn't survive without the others. I would
prefer not to ship since I have no idea what I'm doing in that area. Plus it doesn't seem fair
to ship the poor little guys twice in a row.

Last edited:
Understood. I just ordered 6 chicks from MeyerHatchery. Try them, I don't believe I am getting packing peanuts with my order. Nothing was stated at all in the ordering process and the minimum order for any mix of chicks was 3.

hey JJ is in FL and he has lots of goodies!!!! maybe u could go pick up some babies???? or at least it would be closer ship and im sure he doesnt hv packing peanuts
smile.png

his link is listed here to his website:
http://jmgamefarm.webs.com

We were specifically looking for d'Uccles other than the Mille Fleur and that is
the only ones Meyer and My Pet Chicken carry. But I might try them if we can't find what
we want.

Back
Top Bottom