What to do with pallets

WashingtonCowgirl

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 16, 2010
Tenino, Wa
Tell me (or show, pictures are always a good thing
tongue.png
) what you have done with pallets in the past. We have 5 or 6, and always have the opportunity to get more. There HAS to be some creative uses out there! Right now I just use mine for teaching my dogs how to control where they put their feet, which really helps when we go hiking and stuff in the summer.

I stack them randomly 1 or 2 pallets high (sometimes three) I makes sure some have wider spaced boards, and others shorter, then take the dog over them a few times at a walk. When they are good with that, we go a little faster, and I mix it up by switching the pallets around, adding height, etc.

So what have you done with pallets?

Quote:
They make great mini pens for broody hens and their babies, and good hutches for rabbits, and great compost boxes. I also tear them apart and use them as paneling in small projects, or repair patches where parts of wood had started to rot in old pens.

They make great obstical courses too for you, your kids, or for training your animals

Quote:
I saw a video on YouTube that shows this guy making a chicken tractor out of them. Looked really nice after he was done. I just typed in chicken tractors and alot of videos came up on them and this one was the best. It runs like 9 minutes but you get the idea from that.

Rammy

I live in a very beat-up, decrepit old ex-trailer. I've found I can take pallets, and take scrap wood and make a "deck" layer on the top of the pallet and so I have these modular deck pieces that make up a sort of a deck. They can be used in a line, or take 4 and make a big square area, as needed. They're pretty nice! I use water seal on them so they'll last, it's easy to find water seal and various wood preservatives at garage sales very cheaply.

Back
Top Bottom