What to do with them?

BeautyBuffs

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Well I have come to the conclusion that I must part with 2 of my Buff Roosters, as much as I hate to, but my hens are paying the price for there being 3 roosters around. The thought of giving them to someone and them becoming dinner just saddens me. : (
Question is what do I do with them? How can I find them a home where they won't be food? Any thoughts or suggestions? Any chance anyone on here around waco area who wants to come get them and add them to their flock (lol).
Fiesty
Fred

Wow, they're beautiful!

You could set them up in a small bachelor pad. Or put an ad in CL and asking not to eat them. I'd sell them at least $10 a piece.

Howdy Neighbor
frow.gif
. It will take quite a bit longer to find them a home where they won't be eaten but from personal experience I can tell you it can done.

Hi Neighbor!

Thanks for the advice, I did not even think of setting a price for them. DH said roosters are plentiful and would be hard to find homes for. Maybe he is like me and just attacked to the little boogers.

I haven't seen as many Ads for roos on lately. The biggest competition times is usually after easter and right before winter around here. I've seen a few people wanting adult roos in the farm and garden section. You might see if they are look for BOs.

I posted the ad on CL and within an hour I received a call from a gentleman that is suppose to come by tomorrow afternoon and have a look at Fred to replace his breeder roo. Fingers crossed Fred finds himself a nice bunch of fluffy ladies and a few mini-Fred's in time.
yesss.gif

The gentleman came by and saw Fred and inspected him over and liked what he saw. Fred has now found himself a new flock of fluffy ladies. I sure hope he enjoys his new home and is loved as much as the little guy was here.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom