What to do with umpteen dozen eggs LOL

I made a bunch of mayo for all those left over turkey sandwiches! LOL

I am also baking cookies for gifts and my job. Nothing like biscotti with free range eggs... and duck eggs none-the-less!!! (Which I'm running out of. )

I would definitely start baking for the holiday... gifts if you can... I only spent $$ on the kids, everyone else is getting food, and hand sewn goods or whatever I can trade for. Which is making for GORGEOUS baskets so far this year.

Quote:
I have been looking for a good popover recipe fotr years never can get it right. do you have a suggestion?
smile.png

Apple Baked French Toast

20 slices of french bread 1 inch thick (texas toast)
1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
8 eggs
2 cups of milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Topping

i cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup cold butter cubbed
1 cup chopped pecan
2 Tbls corn syrup

1. Arrange 10 slices of bread in a greased 13x 9 in baking dish. Spread with pie filling: top with remaming bread.
In a large bowl, combine eggs ,milk, vanilla,cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

2. Remove from frig 30 mins before baking. Meanwhile, place brown sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans and corn syrup. Sprinkle over french toast.

3. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 45 mins or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

This can be a breakfast or dessert.

Last edited:
custard pie recipe
2 cup whole milk
6 eggs
2 Tbs butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
dash of nutmeg
cream the butter, sugar and salt. add 3 eggs and mix 1 minute. add the last 3 eggs and beat on high 3 minutes. add milk and blend well. add vanilla and nutmeg blend well.. pour into unbaked pie crust and bake 450 for 10 minutes then reduce to 325 for about 25 or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.

Last edited:
I'll have to try the custard pie. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Some things that 'use up' eggs:

- quiche, frittata and strada, soufflé
- deviled eggs, egg salad
- baked goods like quick breads, pound cakes

Of course, I eat all of the eggs I can. . .

My dogs love fried eggs, my chickens love scrambled eggs, all my new chicks pig out on boiled yolks when they come out of the incubator. I don't have any problems with poop sticking on their butts when I start them out like this.

I pay my pasture board with my eggs
wink.png

The remaining eggs are delivered to a "friend" that runs a thrift store. He gives me what I want for the eggs and keeps what ever else he gets for them. The customers bring back the egg cartons so I can reuse them. So it is a win-win deal for both of us
big_smile.png
(I work fluctuating hours, any time between 6 am and 11 pm, so it is nearly impossible for "customers" to catch me at home.)

By the way, if anyone has a recipe for vinegar pie, I would love to see it !

Back
Top Bottom