What to do with unwanted roosters?

I would not like to share my exact location, and also I think I might have family members to give it to. Plus, I don't exactly yet know if they are roosters yet, so...

That's what I'd like to know? What's wrong with fertilized eggs....? The babies aren't growing in there until the eggs are kept at 100 degrees for several days. It's like a state of suspended animation until then.

There is nothing wrong with eating fertilized eggs. There is no nutritional difference between a fertilized and non fertilized egg- I would know because I eat them on a regular basis and I'm still alive and healthy. Do some research on the Internet, you will find a lot of info on the subject! This website is also a great tool for learning about chickens. More than likely if you sell the roosters, whoever buys them will butcher them too. Buff Orpingtons are a good eating bird. Having a rooster is good for keeping your flock in-check and protecting them. They are constantly on the look out for predators. Craigslist is a good way to get rid of unwanted birds as well.

Also, I don't think I want any more chickens. That's another disadvantage of having roosters
As long as you collect eggs daily I don't see what the problem is. You won't get any more chicks unless a hen decides to go broody and finds some eggs to sit on for 3 weeks.

There's also no difference between eating fertilized vs unfertilized eggs.

Back
Top Bottom