1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What to expect during NPIP cert?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jannakaye, Feb 14, 2015.

1. jannakaye

jannakaye Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2014
    Mississippi
    I'm finally making the appointment and I'm a little nervous of what to expect. What are they going to do? Do I need to do anything special other than keeping everyone locked up until they get their blood drawn? Do they get their blood drawn? Help!

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Each state does it differently and have their own requirements. Some are a little more elaborate than others. I don’t know what Mississippi does, but they will probably draw blood.

It sounds like you are getting a State inspector. What you can expect is someone that has been through this many times before with people that don’t know what to expect. When you register you should get some information as to what they expect from you. It probably won’t be much. The entire experience will probably go very smoothly and be very stress-free. All your worry ahead of time will prove worthless and unnecessary. You can expect to be quite relieved when it is over.

I know it does not do any good to tell you this, but worry is interest paid before it is due. You will get through this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by