What to feed a mama pigoen?

Our female is going to have eggs soon and I wanted to know if you have to feed them a different diet then what you feed them now?
That depends what you are currently feeding. If it's a grain/seed based diet, then at the very least you need to make sure you supply a calcium grit or oyster shells. If feeding pellets, you shouldn't need to do anything. If you are already doing this, there's not really any need to change anything.

Our female is going to have eggs soon
Just my thoughts here.
First, I do not know how your loft is set up or where located. Your loft may be inside you heated attached garage. :idunno I am writing this for fanciers that may have a common loft free-standing, and not very large as well.
I see that you are in Minnesota. An area I'm very familiar with. It is also know to be somewhat chillier than where I'm at. I generally avoided hatching squabs during cold weather. I chose to replace the eggs with plastic ones. (rather than just confiscating them) Pigeon would try her best to lay replacement ASAP. Egg production in pigeon take a lot out of them. Pigeons are not equal to chickens in egg production.
The few times that I had hatching during cold times, I provided supplemental heat to nest area section. It was not direct heat, but rather indirect from underneath the pigeons nesting box. An electric heat pad, or a reptile heater stone work well. You just want to break the chill, rather than make a very warm environment.
You receive good advice on feed from above posters, so have nothing to add.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and,:welcome

Back
Top Bottom