What to feed broody hen

Lovable Chicks

Songster
9 Years
Jun 23, 2010
I have a broody hen...moved her to her own coop/spot last night and she hasn't moved...now to get eggs under her...there coming. My question is what do I feed her...the laying crumbles shes been eating or chick crumbles??? She didn't get off to eat or drink all day.

I treat mine like a Queen while they sit, I feed them regular laying crumbles, scrambled eggs and cottage cheese, I keep food and water near her in little dishes.

Put right infront of her so she dont need to move? I have them so she has to get up to eat but will move it need to.

I never bother mine. They will get up and move, and probably should. I let mine walk a ways to eat and drink. The problem is will she go back to the nest you made her or her original nest. You might let her try it, while you wait for the eggs. If she keeps going back to her original nest, then you had better confine her, and keep the water and food near her.

MrsK

She cant get to her original nest as I put her in a coop by herself. There was so much bickering as everyone wanted to use the same nest and was kicking her off. Hope to add eggs under her tonight. (she has some fake ones under her now)

Back
Top Bottom