What to feed Silkie Chicks? (1 week old)

3eyondblessed

Chirping
Sep 19, 2023
Hi there, new Silkie owner here. I have 8 one week old Silkie Chicks, and I am wondering what feed they need. I don’t know wether to do a game bird or all flock. tia

Hi there, new Silkie owner here. I have 8 one week old Silkie Chicks, and I am wondering what feed they need. I don’t know wether to do a game bird or all flock. tia
Not game bird feed.
Chick starter feed would be a good choice. If they don't have that at your local store than an all flock crumbled feed would do.

Not game bird feed.
Chick starter feed would be a good choice. If they don't have that at your local store than an all flock crumbled feed would do.
What about a meat bird feed, since I plan on showing some of these?

Start with a chick starter 20-22 percent protein feed change to grower feed after 8 weeks or a starter/grower feed about 20 percent. Once they are laying age use 18 percent layer feed, plus supplement the layer feed with some dried mealy worms or dried black larva flys. Green leafy veggies or other veggies appropriate for chickens is ok as a treat. My friend raises them for years and insists they don’t do as well on 16 percent. I don’t raise them but she has been raising silkies for about 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom