What to put our coop on (grass, mulch, blocks)???

Quote:
Please don't take my response as an "attack". I read in the first post that you are new to chickens and thought that you might have felt safe since you didn't live in the country. I was just trying to make sure you knew that there are a lot of predators that can be found in the suburbs. I have read many threads where people thought their birds were safe because they didn't live in the country and found out the hard way they were wrong. I was just trying to keep you from having the same bad outcome. I didn't mean to offend.
hugs.gif

Looks nice well built and tightly secure coop and I'm assuming you're going to let them free range and have them inside at night. No matter what you do, you'll always be vulnerable to something, but sounds like you have some security measures in place, only time will tell. I would for sure keep it off the ground with concrete blocks or something and I can only imagine that your winters are really bad, but I would think that you could use more ventalation than what I'm seeing in the pic.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I think we will be leveling the ground and putting down sand where the coop will sit and leave the run grass for now. So excited for my chicks!
love.gif

No hard feeling about the predator issue... I understand people were just concerned about the way I worded my comment. I will definitely protect my peeps!

Back
Top Bottom