What to say about poo on free eggs?

This has happened to me a bunch of times over the years and I always say the same thing: "Don't worry--I don't charge extra for the fertilizer."

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

If she had said that to me I would have said "Oh yup, there is isn't there" and just walked away. It was rude for her and doesn't deserve an explanation from you. If she doesn't like it she can make a choice about dealing with it. She can toss it out, or wash it, or just not use it, or maybe even just cook it. But first, she should have kept her mouth shut.

Quote:
I agree. I "wipe" them off, keep the worst ones for myself and explain that they were not washed off when I give or sell my eggs too. I wouldn't give her any more either. If she wants your chicken poo again, I would make her pay for them!

Quote:
Ditto. Considering they were free, she should have kept her trap shut.
roll.png
No one told her to eat the shell. I wouldn't be sending any freebies her way, if it were me.

I like Rusty's answer. "I don't charge extra for the fertilizer."
wink.png

Ya know, all eggs have to be washed by somebody. Someone, or perhaps more than one person got lazy on your batch.
I guess you're entitled to a full refund if you want to return the remaining eggs.

Back
Top Bottom