What Tractor do you find useful?

darkmatter

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 10, 2009
I inherited a 1952 ford 8N that I've been using for many years. With the current economic uncertainly I thought it might be best if I upgraded to a diesel four wheel drive with front loader. I gave my Son the 8N and bought a small Kabota to do all the little things I need to do around here. Hauling firewood, compost, brush hogging, driveway snow removal, gravel smoothing ruts, and other garden tasks. My father always said 5 acres will work you harder then 100 acres, I've found that to be true. What kind of Tractor do you have or would like for purely utilitarian purposes? Here's mine:

36435_alientractor.jpg

Nice tractor!

This is mine, a JD 2305. It's amazingly useful. I have the mower deck and a tiller for it. (Woods tiller) I also went with the 3 point quick connect. Much easier for me that way.

The only thing that I would change about it is that the ROP doesn't fold down which makes mowing under my low hanging fruit trees a bit of a challenge.

cwot1.jpg

DH has a L3130 30hp kubota with front loader. Has a backhoe 6ft back blade and a box scraper. Its so useful around here for a little tractor. He uses it the most at work though. That tractor has been the best investment we've made! Makes a lot of money for us.

Kubota here also. 4-wheel drive hydostatric transmission. (spelling?) Turf tires.

Woods six foot finish mower.
Woods five foot brush hog.
Two different boom poles.
Six foot scraper blade.
Five foot box blade.
Five foot tiller.

NO front bucket. Had one on the last Kubota.

For heavier work, we have the dump truck and a boom truck.
Boom truck pretty handy. Three scope.

Kubota here with front loader and backhoe. It's my husband's and he loves it- never had a single problem with it. Friday he bought a Kubota 900 RTV to replace the 4 wheeler. We're big Kubota fans in this house.

I can only dream. I sometimes run my friend's old Ford tractor to put out round bales for either her horses or mine. But, the power steering doesn't work the greatest, so I'll often lower the bucket, lift the front tires off the ground, turn them, put the bucket back up, and continue driving.

Then at work, I drive a couple of different JDs, both w/a bucket on them. The power steering works, but I hate that there's a gas pedal and a reverse pedal. When I learned how to run a tractor, it was an old Ford Jubilee. And, I often drove Massey Fergusons. They had a clutch and gears. It meant if I was driving a tractor for several hours (like if I spent a day mowing orchards), I could stand up if I got tired of sitting. Can't do that w/the JD's I run.
sad.png
Plus, they're diesels, and I prefer gas. The smell of diesel sometimes makes me dizzy. Maybe I could combine the 2 tractors.

Kubota 8540 here. This is the third Kubota and we just got it this year. DH keeps upgrading to a bigger size but this is it, no more! I love it, has a big front loader, 6 ft brush hog, 6 ft blade scraper, stump digger. Best of all the cab has A/C!

Back
Top Bottom