What treat did your chickies get today?

More chickens! But the big girls aren't as excited about the new girls as I am :/ They sure caught the roos eye in a hurry though! Housing them all in the same coop at night but the youngsters sleep inside a nest box that I closed off so the big girls & the roo don't harass them inside the coop. They can hear (& sense?) each other all night and early AM so they may get used to each other over time. I am letting the new girls have the fenced garden to themselves, the big birds meander over for a visits throughout the day. The new little red head pullet/hen (shes just a a few months max) is one tough cookie and she's not taking any guff from anyone! I bet she rules the roost when all's said & done ;)

And yogurt, oatmeal, flax & misc toppings because all the girls LOVE it! I know it's the reason they come running to me every time I step out LOL... they love me... to feed them :/

I started with 5 hens just a few weeks ago.... current count = 9 birds.

Last edited:
Meat is really good for birds that are molting.... GO buy a bag of mini marshmallows. After a few hand fills of marshmallows to the chickens they become addicted, you will see.

A marshmellow is marshmellow, chicken candy. I included some pictures of my birds in action flying to get them greenfire silver double laced barnevelder, ayam cemani, chocolate cuckcoo bantam orpington, jubilee orpington and a black orpington bantam in flight action. They love them as you can see. greenfire farms are some of the nicest people to purchase birds from...

As you see also see I use Cat Litter pales for the hens to lay eggs in, Perfect and recycled.:)

Back
Top Bottom