What treat did your chickies get today?

A marshmellow is marshmellow, chicken candy. I included some pictures of my birds in action flying to get them greenfire silver double laced barnevelder, ayam cemani, chocolate cuckcoo bantam orpington, jubilee orpington and a black orpington bantam in flight action. They love them as you can see. greenfire farms are some of the nicest people to purchase birds from...

As you see also see I use Cat Litter pales for the hens to lay eggs in, Perfect and recycled.:)
I think I might have some marshmellows im the cabinet but I don't have a cat so I don't have the cat litter pales but they are so perfect!

A marshmellow is marshmellow, chicken candy. I included some pictures of my birds in action flying to get them greenfire silver double laced barnevelder, ayam cemani, chocolate cuckcoo bantam orpington, jubilee orpington and a black orpington bantam in flight action. They love them as you can see. greenfire farms are some of the nicest people to purchase birds from...

As you see also see I use Cat Litter pales for the hens to lay eggs in, Perfect and recycled.:)

LOVE this picture!! So cute.
love.gif
I also like to recycle cat litter pales for things. Right now I have two that I use for cat food (ironic, right?
tongue.png
) and two for bird seed.

I am a very newbie to raising chickens. Just got my first 8 chicks last week. I had no clue that chickens eat leftovers. At what age do they start getting "treats" and is there any food not OK for them? Love the pic of the chicken eating the marshmallows!
263a.png

You can start to give them "treats " at about two weeks, but be sure they have access to some form of grit ;like sand for instance. I started mine with cooked spaghetti noodles (no sauce) and crickets. It's so much fun to watch them chase each other!

I tried to feed my chicks treats last night and they were not having any part of it.
1f425.png
I gave them a little sampler of tomatoes, lettuce, and cantaloupe. :)

Back
Top Bottom