What treat did your chickies get today?

We treated our chickens to a 4-h touch a animal to handy cap kids and cancer kids. here my chicken on a healing goat. We reached out 4-H
here are a couple cute chicken pics. Enjoy!

I treated my birds to some bread and took a video of it, was really funny to watch them chase each other. The other thing I did was give them compact hay in their chicken yard. They love that.

Ok I called my vet he said it can happen when you throw bread on the Ground and it gets poop on it they injest it they get round worms, not from eatting plain bread it has to have poop on it in order to get worms.

Last edited:

Mine are getting more and more spoiled and I can't seem to stop myself from giving them stuff. Every 2-3 days they get a can of tuna. I need to get more yogurt but I give them that every 2-3 days offset with the tuna. Every day they get swiss chard, beets, lettuce from the garden.

They have gotten accustomed to this and we hear about it if we forget them. 4 little demanding beasts. But they are adorable.

*EDIT* Think it's worth doing though. The eggs are all big and beautiful on the inside. 3 eggs a day from 4 hens ( 2 bantams ). The birds themselves just look great. I don't know anything about show quality but feathers have a nice gloss and they seem very happy.

Last edited:
My girls got some mixed greens, tomatoes, apple cores, bell pepper cores, worms, and a few white grubs that I found while I was digging the section for their new coop.
thumbsup.gif

Cooked up some oatmeal and added a bag of frozen broccoli that was a little old. All warmed up for them because I feel bad for them in this cool rainy weather we've had all week.

Back
Top Bottom