What treat did your chickies get today?

We're over 80 today in Nebraska! I've got two considering broodiness. Everyone is pecking arou d the garden eating who-knows-what. I also tossed them some grapes.

Also up to my eyeballs in ladybugs!

Last edited:
Quote:
big_smile.png

I put it in the pressure cooker. I guess that's boiling?

They gobbled up the cooked pumpkin, skin and all. They also ate all the guts and seeds I'd put out there. I still have a lot of boiled pumpkin so they will be getting that every day for a while. I kept out a couple chunks raw for them to peck at. They've been working away at it. It's full of holes right now

Then, I have a second pumpkin ....

They still aren't tired of the pomegranates, and I still have a lot of fruits on the tree, so that works out.

I put it in the pressure cooker. I guess that's boiling?

They gobbled up the cooked pumpkin, skin and all. They also ate all the guts and seeds I'd put out there. I still have a lot of boiled pumpkin so they will be getting that every day for a while. I kept out a couple chunks raw for them to peck at. They've been working away at it. It's full of holes right now

Great ideas. Mine love the seeds and "guts". Will try baking so I don't have to cut up the pumpkin.
Mine got kale with aphids, tomatoes, oatmeal, summer squash,, shredded carrots, cooked corn and peas.

Back
Top Bottom