What treat did your chickies get today?

Kale, parsley, BOSS, scratch, wild bird seed
1f414.png

meal worms and cabbage they can be half way across the farm and hear the worm bag shake and they half run/fly to the sound.

Tee hee charleschicken

When we are supervised free ranging we have the tub of worms on the table under the gazebo with us. When the whole flock decides they have not had a worm for at least 5mins, they all come on mass and look at the tub, look at us, look back at the tub
lau.gif

Anyways, as I have some greedy guts, if I have someone who is moulting or manages to come up on her own for a worm when the rest of the flock were not looking, I try to sneak her one.

I swear the rest can hear the worms being picked up from the other side of the property cos I only have to sneak out one worm and one begging chicken has instantly turned into six!
wink.png

As our meal worms are kept in a blue plastic ice cream container we joke that anyone walking onto the property with a similar looking blue container is going to leave with 6 smitten chickens in tow
lau.gif

I use those bright orange containers that gatorade comes in for their treats. All they have to see is orange and it's on!

Back
Top Bottom