What treat did your chickies get today?

Kale
roll.png

Apple and grapes.

My Light Brahma tries to swallow grape tomatoes whole. She gets the big one and tries to stuff it down but sometimes it gets stuck. Twice I have had to grab her and dislodge it from her beak. No more small tomatoes. Do you all use large tomatoes?

My Light Brahma tries to swallow grape tomatoes whole. She gets the big one and tries to stuff it down but sometimes it gets stuck. Twice I have had to grab her and dislodge it from her beak. No more small tomatoes. Do you all use large tomatoes?

Large tomatoes would be good, they can peck at those.
For something small like grape tomatoes, I would cut those into smaller bite-size pieces. Just my thoughts
smile.png

Treats for today: Same ol' thing - grapes, apple, KALE
big_smile.png

Today was a day for experimenting! I gave my flock some raspberries, grapes, banana slices, and chunks of tomato. The raspberries weren't very popular, and the grapes and banana did okay... but the TOMATO! That disappeared in thirty seconds! They were gobbling it up like there was no tomorrow. I don't even think that some of the chickens got any.
hmm.png

Last night ours got white rice. I wasn't outside when daddy put it down but when I walked out a couple minutes later it was picked up, I asked why he said "they were eating such large mouth fulls I was afraid they would chock!" LOL After they spent their 2.5 hours our chasing bugs we gave them the rice when they went back into their runs.

Back
Top Bottom