What treat did your chickies get today?

Yeah, makes sense though when they're young they best eat their feed, when they grow up they'll act more like little kids and want only treats lol
1f60a.png
here's a video of how much my girls like cheese

When they were young I started them on the fluff part of bread as a treat yours should love meal worms when they're older
1f600.png

They are just 10 weeks.
I will try cheese, so far they just like their crumbles, I was shocked when they didn't care much about wriggling worms and sweet corn.

Mine are a couple weeks older. They like mustard greens, raisins, crookneck squash, watermelon, frozen blueberries. Also herbs, especially dill.

I just cut squash, cukes and melons in half and put them out to be pecked clean.

Today the spoiled little birds got some old strawberry, shredded carrot, a pinch of meal worms, and a dollop of yogurt on their mash plate for lunch. They just gobble it up!

What's a fool-proof snack that chickens just love without fail? They haven't shown much interest in dried mealworms, live earthworms, or corn. I don't have hours to spend with them so I need treats they love to reinforce good behaviour, like going back in the **** coop when it gets dark.

Bread
1f35e.png
never fails

Maggots. My birds got the benefit of mother natures ability to breakdown the unused parts of butchered rabbits and chickens. Whatever my dogs do not get goes to the maggot dispenser. I gave momma hen and her clutch a bunch yesterday. She gives a feeder call and her babies come a runnin. Good little momma

Back
Top Bottom