What type of bantam cochin is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Speedylilb3, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Speedylilb3

Speedylilb3 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2009
    Pride, LA
    Does anyone know it was supposed to be a mille fleur?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. Speedylilb3

Speedylilb3 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2009
    Pride, LA
    Any help would be appreciated.

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Well it looks like a blue cochin but then again the dark part in the photo acatuall looks black [​IMG] .

I do not see MF at all in this pretty you have

4. ra

ra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Arkansas
    I love cochins!! My all time favs![​IMG]
    Here is a picture of what one should look like. This was on the BYC website hope that's ok?
    Yours looks like a little roo?

[​IMG]

5. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Looks like someone's project. Maybe they're really working on mille fleurs but have a long way to go?

6. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:exactly what I was thinking

7. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Think mix.Millie don't have rounded booty like cochin's.It is a nice color though.Both breed's are great bird's.I just got my first Millie's this year but have had cochin for 5.I got some different color variation's mixing up my cochin's in the past.It may have some Millie Bloodline though.I'm no expert so... But nice looking bird.Some pretty interesting gorgeous bird's can come from mixing breed's.If you plan to show however your breed may not be accepted as a show breed.I just have fun with mine and alway's have a buyer for mixe's.

8. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    they are not talking about the milli d'uccle, but the milli cochin project that has been ongoing for some time.

as for that original pic, he/she looks to be a cross of lots of colors. i see lacing in the wing primaries, but there is so much muddling of other patterns i'm not sure what to call it! you may want to give it some more time to grow out those feathers more. how old is the bird anyways? if it is still around 3-4 mo then it hasn't finished filling those out and looking close to it's adult plumage.

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    It looks like there might be some Partridge pattern in it?

10. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Maybe try posting this pic on the Mille Fleur Cochin thread. There are lots of millie cochin peeps there. I've been breeding these for the past year or so, and haven't seen any with that coloring here. Colors are all over the place with this project, but I don't remember seeing one with that color pattern yet. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by