What type of banty am I?

ZooMummzy

Queen of the Zoo
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Philomath, Oregon
dsc0001qr7.jpg

dsc0003wb4.jpg

Any ideas? The feed store had no idea and I would like to know if possible.

Cute baby! I had to put hobbles on one my little banty babies, her leg stuck straight out to the right. I left the hobbles on for 4 nights and she's been great ever since.
Kate

Quote:
She...Quincy..... was diagnosed with perosis...her leg sticks straight out to the side. She might have to have it amputated when she is older. I rescued her from the feed store last week. The other chicks were tormenting her and she wouldn't have lived through the night. She is 13 days old now, eating and drinking on her own and showing off all the time how she can stand. Yep, I'm a proud Momma
smile.png

Quote:
That is great! I took hers off last night to change it and her leg still sticks out to the side
sad.png
I have a vet in Portland who specializes in chickens and has amputated legs before in this condition. It's an option for when she's older if we do not see improvement. At least she can get around and be a chick
jumpy.gif

I know I posted this in another similar thread, but.....she looks a lot like my mystery bantys!
big_smile.png
I've had suggestions that mine might be Barred Rock or Dominiques, but then they also kinda look like Japanese Bantams, too, so I'm curious to see more breed guesses.

Quote:
I know, Barred Rock and Japanese were my two guesses based on pics I've found online but I don't know. I guess it really doesn't matter, it would just be nice to know what she is.

She looks like a blue cochin to me. Why would she need a spraddled leg amputated?

Back
Top Bottom