1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what type of chicken is this???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CochinBrahmaLover, Jan 9, 2012.

1. This is No Name, if you wanna name her though thats alright [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    production red [​IMG]

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Quote:x2 [​IMG]

4. thanks, what are production reds for? shes awfuly fat.... I have on like her, heres a picture, she also has no name but we're selling her [​IMG]
    my sister has the picture on her account, she'll download them

5. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    production reds are supposed to be dual purpose...at one time they resembled RIR, but they produce tons of eggs.

6. We had a roo kinda like you but he had some green on his wing

7. here she is, turns out neither of us had her pictures LOL (she also needs a name)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Oh and she has a bald spot on her but so I think her tail has been picked at

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    She looks like a Black Australorp. The bottoms of her feet look to be pink from the picture. You should name her Gabrielle. [​IMG]

10. I've had one before, an austrolorp, she was nice, this one is MEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting rid of her for sure just would've liked to know, if I want another austrolorp I'll get chicks so they will be nicer. Thanks! I'll call her gabby until we sell her [​IMG] Gabby is easeir to pronounce LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by