What type of chicken is this?

DaffodilDuck

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 9, 2014
I have a hen that I bought from tractor supply as a chick. Im not sure if she is an Easter egger or what she is for that matter. She is golden, brown and has black speckles on her neck. She lays blue eggs and is really fluffy on her neck. I don't currently have a photo of her but I will be posting one soon. She is the prettiest chicken I own and the friendliest and I would really enjoy showing her if at all possible.

Can you show easter eggers? And FIY I'm only like 12 and my chickens and ducks are all my responsibility along with my dogs and rabbit. So any advice with chickens and rabbits would be much appreciated! So, can you show easter eggers?

That depends on what you mean by "show" - are you thinking of using her for 4-H/FFA type showing or are you wanting to show in APA poultry shows? Easter Eggers, being mixed breed, are not eligible for showing in APA type shows, but may be able to be used as project birds for 4-H, FFA, etc. For the latter, your best source of information is your local 4-H office as they can tell you whether mixed breed birds are allowed for the county and/or state level showing (I would suspect county will likely not be as much of an issue, but state level showing may be)

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Yes, your bird does sound like an Easter Egger. Good luck with her!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Your hen definitely sounds like an Easter Egger. EEs are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Can you show easter eggers? And FIY I'm only like 12 and my chickens and ducks are all my responsibility along with my dogs and rabbit. So any advice with chickens and rabbits would be much appreciated! So, can you show easter eggers?

welcome-byc.gif
She really sounds beautiful and with eggs like that - she is a real keeper. I hope you will be able to show her at county shows. Do you have any pictures to post of her?

Back
Top Bottom